It takes quite a wedding gown to get hitched to the ghost with the most! I made this for Halloween with random fabrics I had on hand. The gown is made to resemble Lydia Deetz's wedding gown from the 1988 Beetlejuice movie. I changed up the over all length of the gown and made it into a more Lolita style dress, complete with a red petticoat built in. The V front is hand beaded and red rosettes that trim it. The veil is some red tulle gathered and hand sewn onto a hair comb. The bouquet is red carnations and tulips bundled together with ribbon and tulle. The wig was one I had and I styled it up into a little ponytail and teased the upper part till it held up like Lydia's rat nest hairstyle from the movie.
The Sandworm is made of fleece parts sewn together. It was stuffed with fiber fill and a wire applied inside to shape it. The eyes are buttons.
I do plan on making the actual red wedding gown once I find the red spotted mesh fabric. This project proved to be great practice!
Dress, photo and set design by me
Photo editing done with Picmonkey.com